Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wither Mahindra, Goodbye MahindraPlanet

The End

I've been putting off writing a final post to kind of close out MahindraPlanet for a month now.  Obviously, Mahindra has decided to bail out on their often promised commitment to manufacturing and selling a compact diesel pickup truck for the United States.

I was writing a long overdue response back to Pee Wee from MahindraTruckForum.com today and realized that what I was writing really summed up my personal thoughts on the Mahindra debacle.  So I am publishing the slightly edited version of that response:

Hi Pee Wee,
Interest in Mahindra and MahindraPlanet certainly has waned in the last several months.  Yes, I did read all about their announcement back when you posted it up on MTF.  Frankly, I was too disgusted to post anything at the time. 

I would say that in a nutshell, I have moved on as well.  My interest in MahindraPlanet is barely there anymore, and I am completely disappointed in how everything transpired.  My heart certainly isn't into maintaining the blog like it once was.  I have heard absolutely nothing from John Perez so I am assuming that he is pretty well devastated by the news.  Certainly those dealers are all going to recoup anything they can from him or Mahindra.  I feel for the dealers more than anyone else. 

I really need to put together a final post to kind of close the site down and finish four years of blogging about Mahindra.  I certainly owe that to the awesome people I have met over that time.  The whole story is pretty silly in retrospect and I hope that in some way Mahindra's epic failure to launch a highway vehicle in the US has at least put a slight ding in their humongous egos. 

That said, I bet Mahindra will try again.  But I bet that they will do it withSsangyong and they will do it all a lot differently.  Since I have no interest inSsangyong or even the unitized Mahindra XUV500 (and the fact that they totallyburned every single person they dealt with in the US), I don't see the point incontinuing to support them. 

Like many other people, I was probably more in love with the concept of abare-bones, heavy-duty but compact, diesel pickup.  Unfortunately it was only ever a concept and never a reality that Mahindra could actually deliver.

Take Care!Chris
With that said, MahindraPlanet will continue to live on the web as long as Google leaves it here.  I might or might not update it once in a while.  We shall see.

I do want to thank every single person who has supported the website over the years.  I even want to thank the haters and trolls who really added character to the comments and kept me in check.  I learned a hell of a lot about writing, blogging, and annoying the hell out of people.  All in all, I had an awesome time and I hope that many of you did too.

Anyway.  Take care, and see you somewhere else!

Chris

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, you've done a great job of keeping everybody informed and entertained with your reporting of Mahindra's antics. Thanks for all your hard work in adding a dimension to the information related to these trucks-that-never-were that was lacking in all the rest of the on-line coverage. I wish you success in all your efforts.

Is there anybody left here to turn the lights off?

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd pop in to see what's new and viola... It was a nice blog about a nasty company. Best wishes on your future endeavors!

Edward said...

This is so cool! thanks for sharing

Car shipping from usa
Export vehicle

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for leaving this up and sharing all of your efforts! Wish the outcome were different...

Raju said...

Chris, You feel me happy while reading this article post more articles like this.

Junk Car Removal said...

Chris, take it easy. Thanks for the informative blog.

If you are every interested in selling a junk car let me know. Our junk car removal is free and you can get cash same day, even if the vehicle doesn't have a title.

Nicolas said...

Good and informative blog, but everything comes to its end.

Javanese Trans said...

Thank you for sharing the information

avanza said...

this is nice article and good blog

Archit Arora said...

Hey, thanks for sharing this great article in this blog. Your blog article is really very nice thanks for sharing this info and please keep updating us. You can visit here for Premium Car Service in Mumbai

Saloni said...

Thank You for sharing this Valuable information, i would appriciate if you also check
Hyundai Venue Review ! This will definitely be worth your time. Thank you

Mahindra Parts India said...

As a long time customer of Mahindra Spare Parts, I can confidently say that their products and services are exceptional. Their range of genuine spare parts for Mahindra vehicles is extensive, and their attention to quality and detail is evident in every product they sell.

What sets Mahindra Spare Parts apart from other suppliers is their commitment to customer satisfaction. The Mahindra Parts India team is always ready to assist customers in finding the right spare parts for their vehicles, and our website is user-friendly, making the ordering process quick and easy.

Furthermore, their fast delivery times ensure that customers receive their products promptly, minimizing downtime and ensuring that their Mahindra vehicles are always in top working condition.

Overall, I highly recommend Mahindra spare parts to those who need reliable and genuine spare parts for Mahindra vehicle. Their products and services are top-notch, and their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction is unmatched.

Mahindra Parts India said...

I recently had the opportunity to experience the exceptional service provided by Mahindra Parts India, and I must say, I was thoroughly impressed. As a Mahindra vehicle owner, finding reliable and authentic spare parts can sometimes be a challenge. However, Mahindra Parts India proved to be a trustworthy and dependable source for all my Mahindra parts needs.

One of the standout aspects of my experience was the extensive range of Mahindra Spare Parts available. Whether I needed engine components, electrical parts, body panels, or any other spare part for my Mahindra vehicle, they had it all. The comprehensive selection ensured that I could find the exact part I was looking for without any hassle.

The quality of the Mahindra parts I purchased from them was top-notch. Each part was genuine and manufactured to the highest standards, ensuring optimal performance and longevity for my vehicle. I had complete peace of mind knowing that I was installing parts that were specifically designed for my Mahindra vehicle.

Moreover, the customer service provided by Mahindra Parts India was outstanding. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and always ready to assist me in finding the right parts for my vehicle. They were responsive to my inquiries and provided accurate and helpful information.

Another aspect that deserves appreciation is the seamless and efficient order process. I was able to conveniently browse their website, select the desired parts, and place my order without any complications. The parts were promptly shipped and arrived in excellent condition.

Overall, my experience with Mahindra Parts India was extremely positive. They have proven to be a reliable source for genuine Mahindra parts in India. I highly recommend them to all Mahindra vehicle owners who are in need of quality spare parts and excellent customer service.